Chiang Mai University uses Powerledger’s energy tracking and provenance, with P2P energy trading and carbon intensity tracking, to showcase energy cost reduction for a research institute. The aim is to create a sustainability model that maximizes green energy supply from the buildings and campuses within the university to support Net Zero goals.
- Demonstration of energy tracking, P2P trading, and granular carbon intensity tracking.
- Carbon footprint reduction from solar energy consumption.
- Blockchain records provide an audit trail.
- 15 MW of solar capacity to be installed by the end of 2024.
- Expected to result in up to 10,000 tones of CO2-eq savings per year.